Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Bath for Rejuvenation
Detoxifying baths a few times a week for 20 – 40 minutes can be a small step in your sacred hydrotherapy room that can add vitality and rejuvenation to your life especially when you are feeling tense, exhausted or run down. This bath soak can help relieve joint and back pain, support urinary tract health as well as skin conditions like eczema and acne leaving you energized with smooth glowing skin.
The Integumentary System (your skin) is the biggest organ of our body it is important to take care of because it can absorb and also expel pollution in our bodies. A hot bath prepared with 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar and a 1 Cup of Dead Sea Salts will draw toxins out through the skin and help jumpstart the body’s cleansing and detoxifying process. Also add about 1 Cup of dried Lavender and/or Chamomile Flowers to your bath in a sealed nut bag or cheese cloth for soothing and aromatherapy benefits. Alternatively, you can also prepare a herbal infusion of the herbs by pouring 2 cups of hot water over them and steep for about 30 minutes. Strain out the herbs and pour infusion into your bath full of warm water. If you have high blood pressure or other health concerns about using Dead Sea Salts in your bath you may eliminate the Dead Sea Salts. Salts are high in minerals and magnesium which are easily assimilated through the skin. The apple cider vinegar helps the body to become more alkaline and the detox bath soak can help re-establish the balance.
Key points to remember with your detox bath regimen:
- Make sure to dry brush your skin with a vegetable fiber brush in an upwards direction towards your heart so you can maximize the effects of your bath.
- Keep water beside you in the tub and drink tons while you soak.
- Don’t fill the tub with water that is too unbearably hot to soak in.
- Be careful entering and exiting the tub as it may become slippery.
- Shower after your bath soak with cool water for a brief moment.
- Get a good night’s rest after your bath.
- Find ways to de-stress! Laugh and develop a healthy sense of humor!
- Develop a personal spiritual practice
- Engage in loving healthy relationships with others, animals and nature (yes I mean outdoors!)
While apple cider vinegar can play an important role in detoxification, it will be far more effective when combined with a healthy lifestyle that includes these habits:
- Eat a balanced diet that avoiding/eliminating animal products and instead eating unprocessed, natural foods that will provide the body with the nutrition it needs to purify itself. Please note that excessive alcohol, sugar, processed food and/or caffeine can make your body overly acidic with slows and inhibits the body’s ability to support itself in self-healing.
- Include some raw, uncooked foods in your diet since these supplies important enzymes that will help you detox and support alkalization of the body.
- Choose organic foods as much as possible to help reduce your exposure to toxins. Keep in mind processed foods of all kinds should be avoided, even if they are labeled organic.
- Exercise regularly to improve the health of the circulatory and lymphatic systems, both of which work to cleanse and purify the body.
- Reduce toxin exposure by using natural household cleaners and beauty products.
- Drink only filtered water to avoid potential toxin exposure. Getting plenty of pure water will also aid natural detoxification processes. Alkaline water great in particular or room temperature water with half the juice of an organic lemon.
Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products mentioned above are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.